Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"ME" Time

I just returned from a fantastic mini vacation. It couldn't have come at a better time. Another year ending, a new year beginning... Personal conflicts, business issues and just a serious case of the blues.

I've always looked at vacations as a chance to recharge, to revive, to invigorate. This trip meant rest. No clocks, no appointments, no responsibility. "ME" time.

The beach, 80 degree temperatures ( I live in a cold climate), and beautiful sunsets were just the prescription, for the mind boost I need to get through a new year.

My vacation was going as planned. I slept late. I ate what I wanted. I played on the beach and I slept when my body told me to sleep. Then... it happened! I saw the most breathtaking sunset. I watched the sky covered in a blanket of blue became an awesome splendor of red and orange. I witnessed the magnificent sun appear to drop from the sky and be swallowed whole by the blue, green ocean.

Then, I witnessed the sunrise. God woke me just in time to witness that same, fire filled sphere, rise from the depths of ocean to take its rightful place in the eastern sky, to provide light and life to everything in its wake.

Now, I've seen sunrises and sunsets before...but, what I witnessed was so much more!

With every sunset, we have another chance. Another chance to try again, to get it right, to begin again, to be reborn, to apologize. With every sunrise, we have another chance to love, to be loved, to live and to thrive!


2 comments: